Is your Home Overweight?January 15, 2019
Total Lunar EclipseJanuary 20, 2019
Declutter Break: Bathroom
If you read my newest blog post yesterday you saw that this month I’d be helping you shed that unwanted weight your house has accumulated. It’s a great way to get your home ready for the Spring market. If you missed it you can find it here.
Today’s declutter break focuses on your bathroom. Who’s up for the challenge?
- Expired medications (To learn how to safely dispose expired medication in your own trash click here. Tip: Use used coffee grounds or kitty litter as your mix in.)
- Sample toiletries (Tip: Find a local shelter to donate to, or make up a care kit for the homeless. Click here to find out how to make your own care kits. It’s a great family activity.)
- Shampoo or conditioner bottles you partially used but don’t like, time to say goodbye.
- Makeup (Shelf Life: Mascara 3-6 months, everything else 2 years. Tip: Is it unopened and unexpired, donate it to a local women’s shelter.)
- Nail polish (Shelf Life: 1 year opened, unopened: 2-3 yearsTip: unopened and unexpired, donate to a local women’s shelter.)
- Old lotion (Shelf Life: 1 year opened, 2-3 unopened)
- Towels that are worn out or doubles or extra. (Tip: Donate to a local pet shelter, your furry friends will thank you.)
I’d love to hear who successfully accomplished the Bathroom Declutter Challenge. If you are getting ready to put your home on the market, I’d love to help. Contact me today.